Volunteer Committee strives to work together to attain excellence of volunteerism within the Baruch College and the local community. Its goals include raising awareness of the beneficial and significant contributions that volunteering has within a community as well as nation-wide, building an effective team that will uphold the value of volunteering and encourage other members of the Baruch community to freely give back to our society, and being a strong and visible voice that will work effectively with local volunteering organizations and lend a helping hand to those in need.
- To raise awareness of the beneficial and significant contributions that volunteering has within a community as well as nationwide
- To build an effective team that will uphold the value of volunteering and encourage other members of the Baruch community to freely give back to our society
- To be a strong and visible voice that will work successfully with local volunteering organizations and lend a helping hand to those in need
- To help build the leadership and management skills of our volunteer committee members
Vice Chair of Prospective Relations: Nico Rivera
Search for volunteering opportunities for prospective members
Seek out nonprofit organizations that Sigma Alpha Delta should work with
Post important meetings & events on the Volunteer Committee Facebook page
Vice Chair of Internal Affairs: Kerry Swoish
Keep track of the amount of volunteering events the prospective members attend to ensure Sigma Alpha Delta requirements are met.
Keep track of the amount of volunteering hours the prospective members fulfill to ensure Volunteer Committee requirements are met.
Vice Chair of Volunteer Advertising: (TBD)
- Sends out a weekly newsletter that lists upcoming volunteering events that include general information such as time, date, task, and how to rsvp for the events.
Project Manager/Event Planner
The Project Manager/Event Planner is a position that is created mainly for prospective members of the Volunteer Committee. The person will work on a project basis to manage volunteering events held within and outside the Baruch community. This position involves coordinating event logistics, effectively communicating important relevant information to volunteers, working under deadline pressure, and overseeing the entire flow of an event. Since this role requires a person who is motivated, detail-oriented, and organized, taking on this position will give the person a taste of what a managerial role is like, give an opportunity to meet new people, and perhaps expose him/her to different career choices.