- To raise awareness of the beneficial and significant contributions that volunteering has within a community as well as nation wide
- To build an effective team that will uphold the value of volunteering and encourage other members of the Baruch community to freely give back to our society
- To be a strong and visible voice that will work successfully with local volunteering organizations and lend a helping hand to those in need
- To help build the leadership and management skills of our volunteer committee members
Vice Chair of External Affairs: Jheanel Walters
Vice Chair of Internal Affairs: Safayet Kajol
Vice Chair of Volunteering Programs: Tegan Kline
- The Project Manager/Event Planner will work on a project basis to manage volunteering events held within and outside the Baruch community. This position involves coordinating event logistics, effectively communicating important relevant information to volunteers, working under deadline pressure, and overseeing the entire flow of an event. This role requires people who are motivated, organized, detail-oriented, and personable. It will give members a taste of what a managerial role is like, help increase their professional network, give them an opportunity to meet new people, and perhaps expose them to different career choices.
- The Event Generator will be conducting research for volunteer organizations and events that would appeal to fellow active Sigma members. This position involves collecting and analyzing information regarding local as well as national volunteering events and informing the Chair of your findings, contacting various volunteer organizations via email and telephone, and confirming potential volunteering event dates that correspond well with Sigma’s available calendar dates. This role requires having good computer skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, and forming close relationships with these organizations. It will effectively develop researching skills, teach members how to communicate well with others in a fashionable and appropriate manner, and allow members to make valuable connections with volunteer organizations with which they can personally volunteer for in the future.