- Plan, execute and evaluate events
- Manage and utilize resources effectively
- Strengthen teamwork and employ/ utilize everyone’s unique capacities
- Continuously educate members on a variety of skills
Vice Chair of Event Planning: Shalika Mugrai
- Events planners have to formulate a blueprint for the event two weeks before an event takes place and has to submit the finalized blueprint to the President, Vice President, Secretary and Business and Events Chairperson.
- Create surveys before an event and monitor the progress of Event Summaries by Event Managers.
- Must create the work schedule for the entire committee at least 1 week prior to an event.
- Responsible for spearheading event set up and event clean up, with assistance from People Specialists
- Attends E-board meetings during Chair’s absence
- Sends emails on behalf of Chairperson when Chair is unavailable to do.
OperationsVice Chairs of Operations: Hinsen Au ; Soobin Choi
- Consistently takes notes during committee meetings.
- Takes attendance during committee meetings.
- Consistently monitors active membership within committee and reports active members to Executive Secretary at least once a month.
- Transfers notes from committee meetings, attendance, and active membership to Executive Secretary.
- Manages the committee’s blackboard page.
- Must take consistent inventory of supplies before an event. Supply can facilitate this task.
Vice-Chair of Finance: Helen Yuan
- Creates a team of catering specialists (preferably three) and monitors them in their pursuit of collecting bids.
- Communicates with President, Treasurer and Business and Events Chairperson about what bids are favorable/unfavorable.
- Instructs a budget analyzer to compile a “bid justification”— a one page summary which would explain why the society chose one vendor over the other two.
- Mandated to send copies of all three bids to Executive Secretary.
- Instructed to attend the officer workshop—as is the Committee Chairperson.
- Events Analysts
- Internal Communicator
- Catering Specialists
- Supply Specialists
- People Specialists