The role of the Corporate Communications Committee is to help develop students’ communications skills. These skills are expected to help students develop academically and professionally and expand their networks. Throughout the year, we will conduct communications skill-building workshops, attend and market our Society at corporate and networking events, and help spearhead and co-sponsor Sigma and Baruch events.
- To leverage our Society’s large network and secure professional and prestigious guest speakers, internships, opportunities and training for our Sigma members.
- To provide students with training in communications skills like: public speaking, interviewing, networking, personal branding, personal pitch and using LinkedIn.
- To help expand our Society’s network by promoting it on social media platforms, on campus and at corporate and networking events our Committee will attend.
Our Committee currently has two Vice Chairs and it may designate an additional Vice Chair if needed. The positions are not exclusive and the Vice Chairs will have interchangeable responsibilities throughout the year to help each other out.
Vice Chair of Corporate Communications: Alejandro Rivas
- Assist Chair and Vice Chairs with all Committee activities and tasks.
- Manage and coordinate events and tasks that Chair is unavailable for.
- Assist with bi-weekly Committee activity report.
Vice Chair of Operations: Sanam Arzo
- Research relevant corporate and networking events, spearhead them with the student team, and help students market the Society and each other to professionals and potential employers.
- Network with professionals and help coordinate workshops and events.
- Take student attendance in workshops and events.
Vice Chair of Student Affairs: (TBD)
- Track and update students about their induction progress.
- Respond to students’ questions, concerns or suggestions about the Committee and Society in person and via emails.
- Assist with outgoing Committee emails about workshops and events.